Get all your information on Olivia's upcoming Amsterdam to Switzerland Riverboat Cruise.
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights onboard the Avalon Expression, one of the finest riverboats on the Rhine
- All meals and snacks while on board
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; coffee, tea, and juices with all meals; beer, wine, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Standard wifi in all cabins and public areas
- Olivia entertainment and programming, as well as local entertainment
- Included sightseeing tours in each port
- Gratuities to ship crew and Avalon cruise director
- Group transfer from the ship in Basel to the Zürich airport on April 9, 2024
- Team Olivia assistance throughout
2024 AMSTERDAM TO SWITZERLAND RIVERBOAT
|START DATE||END DATE||FEE|
|Cancellation 365 days or more prior to trip date||4/3/2023||50% of trip cost|
|Cancellation 0-364 days prior to trip date||4/4/2023||4/2/2024||100% of trip cost (no refund)|
To help you get ready for your vacation, we’ve partnered with New Headings to create Olivia Travel Gear, our own online gear and apparel store featuring items from leading brands, including Craghoppers, Patagonia, Teva, Outdoor Research, and Eagle Creek. Visit olivia.newheadings.com for more information!
We will not be offering vacation stretchers in Amsterdam. If you wish to arrive early, the Doubletree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station is one of the best located hotels. We also recommend the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, although it’s a little further away, but still walking distance from the city center and train station. We will offer post-cruise vacation stretchers in Zürich and will announce more details approximately 9 months prior to sailing.
If you wish to arrive early, the Doubletree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station is one of the best located hotels. We also recommend the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, although it’s a little further away, but still walking distance from the city center and train station. We will offer post-cruise vacation stretchers in Zürich and will announce more details approximately 8 months prior to sailing.
- An entirely non-smoking interior
- Beautiful bars & lounges
- Sun deck with premium lounge chairs and shade awnings
- Laundry service (not self-service; check pricing on board)
- Fitness center
- Panoramic windows throughout the ship
- Elegant, contemporary design throughout
- Included shore excursions with Local Guide, and all tipping to guides included
- Headsets for shore excursions
- Complimentary wifi access
- Space to relax and unwind
- Premium coffees, cappuccinos, and lattes
- Coffee self-serve beverage station
- A lounge serving premium spirits (extra charge)
- Daily early- and late-riser breakfast
- Full buffet breakfast with sparkling wine, with complimentary juices and made-to-order egg station*
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Al fresco lunches on the Sky Bistro
- Chef-inspired regional recipes
- Four-course dinners with open seating
- Remarkable service throughout the cruise
- English-speaking crew
- 172-300 sq. ft. Staterooms and Suites, some of the largest on the river
- Most with floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding glass doors
- Comfort Collection BedsSM
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Premium L'Occitane bath products
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door
- Flatscreen satellite TV with free movie channels
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- Full-size closet and mirror
- Additional under-bed storage
- Well-stocked minibar
- Nonallergenic duvets and pillows
- Bottled water replenished daily
This trip requires some mobility without the use of a wheelchair or scooter, as most of the tours are walking tours for up to 3 hours, which may include walking on cobblestone streets and stairs. A ‘Gentle Walkers’ group is offered on most included walking tours, which accommodates those needing a little extra time and sometimes offers a shortened version of a tour, designed to encounter as few stairs as possible.
If you are bringing a portable wheelchair or collapsible travel scooter, you must be able to collapse it and store it in your cabin. It cannot be used to get around the ship, only while off the ship on tours that are wheelchair/scooter accessible. On tours, the usefulness of a portable wheelchair or scooter may be limited because we will be navigating cobblestone streets with hard curbs (no curb cutouts) and stairs.
If you have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.
Our Travel Consultants can be reached at USA or Canada: 800.631.6277 or International 415.962.5700, option 1.