- All travelers must be fully vaccinated to enter Kenya. This means that a minimum of 14 days must elapse from the time of the traveler’s second dose (for 2-dose vaccine) or only dose (for J&J single-dose vaccine).
- Kenya does not require pre-arrival Covid testing for fully vaccinated travelers.
- There may be additional testing required by airlines or countries where travelers have an in-transit layover. Travelers should consult their air carrier for the specifics of their flight itinerary.
- Before departure for Kenya, travelers must upload their vaccine certificate online at https://globalhaven.org
- A Trusted Travel Code (TTC) will be generated upon completion of the form. Travelers should download the code to their phone or copy the TTC (above the 2D barcode) to present when requested.
- Before departure for Kenya, travelers must also complete the Travelers Health Surveillance Form online at https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration
- Travelers will receive a QR code upon completion of the form and should download it to their phone or print it out in color, as it will need to be presented on arrival.
- It is recommended that travelers carry a copy of their Vaccine Certificate with them as well.
- Additional Covid testing may be required during travel. Micato will schedule and facilitate all required in-country testing in Kenya.
- The Kenya Government requires that face masks be worn over the nose and mouth in confined public places, motor vehicles, and aircraft. Micato Safari Directors will advise all travelers of specific mask regulations during their journey.
- Travelers may find screening processes in place at airports, hotels, lodges, and other public venues. These screenings could include proof of vaccination, temperature checks (travelers must exhibit a body temperature under 37.5°C (99.5°F), social distancing indicators on queues, etc.
- Should a traveler present symptoms of COVID-19 during their trip, they will be required to isolate from others until a PCR test is conducted. Should the test display positive results, the traveler will isolate at their own expense until such time as they test negative.
2024 African Safari Adventure
|START DATE||END DATE||CANCEL PENALTY|
|Cancellation Fee 365 days or more prior to trip date||11/15/2023||50% of trip cost|
|Cancellation Fee 0-364 days prior to trip date||11/16/2023||11/14/2024||100% of trip cost (no refund)|
- Accommodations for 10 days/9 nights in the finest hotels, lodges, and tent camps
- Airport group arrival transfer and departure transfers on days of program (November 14 and November 23) with personal VIP “Meet and Greet” upon arrival at your gate and assistance through immigrations at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Baggage handling is included.
- Private day-use rooms at the Nairobi Norfolk Fairmont on the day of departure until 6 pm, November 23
- All meals from November 15-23
- Water, soft drinks, local wine and local beer, coffee, and tea are included at all meals. At Four Seasons, house wine, well spirits, and local beer is included in Kulu Restaurant, Maji Br, and Boma. Waitstaff gratuities are included.
- Special enhancements:
- Meet a Maasai elder
- Visit to the Giraffe Center
- Visit to the Dame Daphne Sheldrick’s Wildlife Foundation in Nairobi (as seen on ”Oprah”)
- View elephant feeding
- Lunch and shopping after visit to Elephant Orphanage
- Bush luncheon in the Ngorongoro Crater (subject to approval by park authorities)
- Museum visit and lecture at Olduvai Gorge
- Maasai village visit
- Sundowners set-up on last evening (one complimentary, other drinks billed to room based on consumption)
- Option to visit and participate in an AmericaShare project, Mukuru slums
- Safari briefing conducted by your Micato Safari Director
- Three flights with all transfers and safaris to enhance your comfort and minimize lengthy drives:
- Private charter flight from Nairobi to Lake Manyara, via Arusha
- Private charter flight from the Serengeti to Maasai Mara via Musoma
- Scheduled flight from the Maasai Mara to Nairobi
- Laundry credit of $50 per room, per night at the Four Seasons Safari Lodge. Laundry included at other Safari lodges
- On safari, we will seat a maximum of 6 guests in our 9-passenger vehicles guaranteeing a window seat and access to pop-up roof hatch for each guest
- Each vehicle is equipped with ice chests with complementary beverages, binoculars, and safari library with wildlife books
- Services of the Flying Doctors’ Society, an emergency airborne medical unit.
- An authentic safari hat and wooden animal necklace as a welcome gift
- An Olivia safari vest (be sure and let us know your size)
- All entrance fees to parks (fees subject to increase)
- Government taxes, VAT, and service charges for accommodations and included meals
- All porterage throughout
- All gratuities, including the Driver Guides, Safari Director, and Micato Concierge staff
- Micato’s concierge service at all hotels.
- Hospitality Desk, fully staffed throughout the day in Nairobi and on safari
- Olivia representative to accompany the group
These trips do require a certain level of mobility, including longer walks to accommodations, stairs and some uphill terrain to reach rooms/platform tents and staging areas for vehicles and airplanes, walking on rocky, and sometimes uneven terrain, and the ability to get in and out of vehicles that require big steps. We regret that wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on this terrain. All guests must be ambulatory and able to walk up and down stairs, walk long distances from ¼ mile and up to 1 mile without assistance. If you do have limited mobility that requires assistance, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you. Please contact us with any questions.