Get all your information on Olivia's upcoming Portugal Douro River Cruise II.
2022 PORTUGAL DOURO RIVER CRUISE II
|START DATE||END DATE||CANCEL PENALTY|
|Cancellation 365 days or more prior to trip date||4/2/2021||50% of trip cost|
|Cancellation 0-364 days prior to trip date||4/3/2021||4/2/2022||100% of trip cost|
To help you get ready for your next vacation, we’ve partnered with New Headings to create Olivia Travel Gear, our own online gear and apparel store, featuring items from leading brands, including Craghoppers, Patagonia, Teva, Outdoor Research, and Eagle Creek. Visit olivia.newheadings.com for more information!
Getting to Your Ship
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights on the AmaWaterways AmaDouro, one of the finest riverboats in Europe
- Award-winning dining on board with regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- Unlimited fine wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits, and soft drinks
- Olivia entertainment and programming as well as local entertainment
- Included immersive tours in each destination with provided personal headset
- Guided hikes and special-interest tours with Gentle, Regular, Active, and Late-Riser tour options
- Gratuities to ship crew and Ama Cruise Manager
- Olivia Staff assistance throughout
- Spacious staterooms: Relax and rejuvenate in spacious, luxurious staterooms with plenty of amenities. Most feature outside balconies that afford stunning views of the scenery along the river.
- Award-winning cuisine: Savor exquisite locally sourced cuisine each day, passionately prepared with only the freshest ingredients by our expert chefs.
- Inviting public spaces: With just the right number of guests on board, you can enjoy the luxury of space to unwind, relax, and (re)connect with other Olivians. The public areas, including lounges and restaurants, are never overcrowded.
- Nightly entertainment: In addition to Olivia’s own entertainers, we’ll have cultural performances, ranging from folkloric to local Fado (blues) musicians.
- Sundeck pool: Soak up some rays or take a dip in our refreshing pool as we pass by centuries-old castles, charming villages and other breathtaking scenery.
- Onboard spa: After a marvelous day of immersive shore excursions, return to the ship and treat yourself to a bit of pampering with a soothing massage.
- Fitness room: Are you looking for a way to stay fit on vacation? Hit the treadmill or lift some weights while cruising from one destination to the next.
- In-room temperature control
- Deluxe hotel-style bedding with Egyptian linen, down pillows, and duvet
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet shower heads
- Large wardrobe, full-length mirror, hair dryer, safe and direct-dial telephone
- Entertainment-on-demand, featuring unlimited high-speed internet access, movies, music, and English-language TV stations
- A desk and chair
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
This trip requires some mobility without the use of a wheelchair or scooter, as most of the tours are walking tours for up to 3 hours, which may include walking on cobblestone streets and stairs. A ‘Gentle Walkers’ group is offered on most included walking tours, which accommodates those needing a little extra time and sometimes offers a shortened version of a tour, designed to encounter as few stairs as possible.
If you are bringing a portable wheelchair or collapsible travel scooter, you must be able to collapse it and store it in your cabin. It cannot be used to get around the ship, only while off the ship on tours that are wheelchair/scooter accessible. On tours, the usefulness of a portable wheelchair or scooter may be limited because we will be navigating cobblestone streets with hard curbs (no curb cutouts) and stairs.
If you have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.