Rambling vineyards and charming native farms cling to the steep sides of the Douro River Valley, creating an incomparable backdrop to one of Europe’s most unspoiled regions and to Port country—the world’s oldest demarcated wine region. Sail roundtrip from Porto, the beautiful “City of Bridges”; visit Barca d’Alva, the last Portuguese village along the Douro; and marvel at Salamanca, the UNESCO-designated “Golden City.” Taste wines from historic wineries and soak up the genuine beauty of one of Europe’s most unadulterated landscapes.
- Porto, Portugal
- Porto and Entre-os-Rios
- Régua and Pinhão
- Barca d’Alva
- Vega de Terrôn
*Itinerary subject to change.
To learn more about your ship, AmaDouro, click here.
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights on the AmaWaterways AmaDouro, one of the finest riverboats in Europe
- Award-winning dining on board with regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- Unlimited fine wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits, and soft drinks
- Bottled water replenished in cabin daily
- Olivia entertainment and programming as well as local entertainment
- Included immersive tours in each destination with provided personal headset
- Guided hikes and special-interest tours with Gentle, Regular, Active, and Late-Riser tour options
- Gratuities to ship crew and Ama Cruise Manager
- Olivia Staff assistance throughout
To learn more about your trip, including what’s not included, please click here. For more detailed information about what to know before you go, please click here.
These trips require a moderate level of mobility, as most of the tours are walking tours that last up to 3 hours and may include walking on cobblestone streets and stairs. A Gentle Walkers group is offered on most included walking tours; this group accommodates those needing a little extra time and sometimes takes a shortened version of a tour, with as few stairs as possible.
If you are bringing a portable wheelchair or scooter, you must be able to collapse it and store it in your cabin. These mobility devices cannot be used on the ship, only while off the ship. They may be used on tours that are accessible, but their usefulness on tours may be limited because of cobblestone streets and stairwells and the need to lift the chair or scooter onto and off of curbs.
If you have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!