Photo enthusiasts, this trip is for you! For the second time, we are working with the only tour operator on the planet that specializes in ground-level walking tours through the remote polar bear regions of the Canadian Arctic.
Wildly rugged and remote, this adventure provides the discerning photographer—as well as happy onlookers—the ability to dedicate long days in the field getting up close and personal with Arctic wildlife.
We will fly together roundtrip from Winnipeg, Canada, to a remote lodge in the northeastern corner of Manitoba, on the shores of the Hudson Bay. For three days we’ll enjoy photo safaris twice a day, with ground-level photo opportunities for capturing images of the Arctic wildlife—including polar bears—in this pristine wilderness. Polar bears, caribou, red and Arctic foxes, and white owls can be seen on a backdrop of stunning sea and landscapes; the lodge’s own shoreline location is ideal for photographing bears on ice and snow. After a long day out in the field, you will return to the lodge for a delicious meal and a relaxing evening spent by the fire and observing the northern lights!
- November 10, Tuesday—Arrive in Winnipeg, Canada; overnight at The Grand hotel (-/-/D)
- November 11, Wednesday—Fly from Winnipeg to Churchill and travel to Seal River Heritage Lodge (B/L/D)
- November 12, Thursday—Morning and afternoon photo safaris; overnight at Seal River Heritage Lodge (B/L/D)
- November 13, Friday—Morning and afternoon photo safaris; overnight at Seal River Heritage Lodge (B/L/D)
- November 14, Saturday—Morning and afternoon photo safaris; overnight at Seal River Heritage Lodge (B/L/D)
- November 15, Sunday—Flights to Churchill and Winnipeg; overnight at The Grand hotel in Winnipeg (B/L/D)
- November 16, Monday—Depart Winnipeg at leisure (-/-/-)
B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
These trips require a high level of mobility because all tours in Hudson Bay are hikes on snow, ice, and other uneven terrain. Wheelchairs or scooters cannot be accommodated. If you have limited mobility, you are required to travel with someone who can assist you. There will also be many opportunities to sightsee from the comfort of the lodge, through the windows or from the lodge’s fenced-in area.
- Hotel accommodations in Winnipeg on November 10 and 15, 2020, at The Grand Hotel by Lakeview at the Winnipeg Airport
- Round-trip air from Winnipeg to Churchill
- Round-trip air on private planes from Churchill to Hudson Bay
- Four nights’ accommodations at Seal River Heritage Lodge on November 11, 12, 13, and 14, 2020
- All meals, beginning with dinner on November 10 at the hotel and ending with dinner on Day 6
- Beer and wine with appetizers and dinner
- Three full days of guided photo expeditions
- Interpretive guides who are experts on polar bears to lead our tours
- All Churchill transfers
- Wireless internet
- Olivia assistance throughout
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
Air transportation to/from Winnipeg, items such as laundry, and other items of a personal nature
For more information about what’s not included, and other things you should know before you go, please click here.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan.
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!