About Our Destination
- Italy and Greece use the Euro (€). Croatia uses the Kuna (kn).
- Italy - Italian, Croatia - Croatian, Greece – Greek
- Being Gay in Italy, Croatia and Greece
- Rome was host to Europride in 2011 and many northern regions have passed resolutions in support of same-sex marriage. In addition, Croatia’s beach cities are very gay-friendly. There are quite a few cafés as well as gay beaches. Finally, the Greek islands, especially Mykonos, are very gay-friendly. There is also a gay village in Athens called Gazi where you will find many gay and gay-friendly people.
- The climate in all three countries will range between 65°F-75°F (17°C-23°C) during the day and 48°F-60°F (9°C-15°C) at night. The rainy season begins mid-October, so be sure to pack warm layers and a rain jacket.
- Tuesday, October 8 – Venice, Italy – depart 6 pm
- Wednesday, October 9 – Pula, Croatia – 8 am to 5 pm
- Thursday, October 10 – Split, Croatia – 8 am to 5 pm
- Friday, October 11 – Dubrovnik, Croatia – 8 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, October 12 – Corfu, Greece – 12 pm to 6 pm
- Sunday, October 13 – At Sea
- Monday, October 14 – Santorini, Greece – 8 am to 9 pm
- Tuesday, October 15 – Mykonos, Greece – 8 am to 7 pm
- Wednesday, October 16 – Piraeus/Athens, Greece – Arrive 7 am
- See our Vacation Stretchers tab for information regarding our pre-cruise and post cruise vacation stretchers.
Before Your Trip
- What’s Included and What’s Not
- What is included?
- Accommodations for 9 days/8 nights on the elegant and recently refurbished Windstar ms Windsurf
- All meals on board, including room service
- Coffee, tea, juices during all meals
- Airport transfers from Venice (VCE) airport to ship and ship to Athens (ATH) airport on arrival and departure day
- Gratuities to ship’s staff
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
- What’s not included?
- Boutique, casino and spa services
- Soft drinks, bottled water, alcohol such as wine, beer and cocktails
- Internet access, phone and other incidentals
- A wide menu of optional excursions in all ports of call (extra charge)
- Travel documentation and identification
- You will need a passport that is valid for six months past the date of the trip. If you are not a US citizen, please check with both your country’s consulate and the consulates of the countries we will be visiting to make sure that you do not need an entry visa or other additional documentation.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, you DO NOT need to get a visa ahead of time. If you are not a US citizen, please check with both your country’s consulate and the consulates of the countries we will be visiting to make sure that you do not need an entry visa or other additional documentation.
- Though none are required, please check with your local Public Health Department or personal physician regarding immunization requirements. You may also check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website at: www.cdc.gov. Just click on “Traveler’s Health” followed by “Vaccinations.”
- Travel insurance
- We encourage all guests to purchase travel insurance. Olivia has recently partnered with Travel Guard to make things easier for you; you can now add travel insurance when you book your trip, all in one call. In order to receive the most comprehensive coverage, please purchase your insurance within 15 days of your initial invoice. If you have questions about Olivia’s travel insurance, call 800-631-6277 option 1 to talk to one of our travel consultants.
- Joining the Olivia.com trip group
- If you’d like to chat with people who are going on the trip, sign up for Olivia trip group.
Travel and arrival
- Air travel
- Where to fly into/out of
- You will need to fly into Venice International Airport (VCE) and out of Athens International Airport (ATH). We encourage all passengers to arrive at least one day early to avoid the stress of unexpected delays. See our Vacation Stretchers tab to sign up for our pre-cruise package.
- Suggested arrival/departure times
- You will need to fly out of Athens International Airport (ATH). We suggest you book your flight after 12 noon on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 to allow enough time to transfer to the airport. See our Vacation Stretchers tab to sign up for our post-cruise package.
- We are proud to partner with American Airlines. The AA discount code A52H3BI is good for 5% off and applies to flights into Venice, Italy (VCE) and out of Athens, Greece (ATH). Dates of travel are October 1 – 23, 2013. Airfare can be booked no earlier than 11 months before the trip. "Open jaws" are allowed between Venice (VCE) and Athens (ATH). This reservation can only be booked by calling (800) 433-1790 ($25 booking fee applies).
- Olivia’s preferred travel agency
- We are happy to partner with Panorama Travel, which provides excellent service and competitive airfares. For a small fee, they can also assist you with using your frequent flyer miles for free tickets and upgrades. You can reach them at 800-523-0093 or 503-682-6800.
- Luggage allowances
- While there is no luggage limit on the cruise itself, airlines often restrict (or charge) for excess baggage. Because each airline is different, and the regulations change over time, please check with your airline for baggage allowances.
- Transfers and Meeting up with Olivia
- Getting to / from your ship
- You will be able to take a taxi from the airport to the port for approximately $15 dollars.
- Airport transfers from Venice (VCE) airport to the ship and the ship to Athens (ATH) airport on arrival and departure day are included. We will need to collect your flight information in order to provide you with a transfer. Once you have booked your flights, please visit your travel profile and update your trip information with your flight details. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your flight information.
- Venice Port Information
Terminal Venezia Passeggeri
S.P.A. Marittima Fabbricato
248 30135 Venezia, Italy
- Athens Port Information
Port of Piraeus / Athens
10 Akti Miaouli
185 38 Piraeus, Greece
- Check in
- Embarkation and check-in will be available at 1pm and all aboard is 1 hour prior to departure at 6pm.
During your trip
- Windstar’s ms Wind Surf Ship Amenities
- The Windstar’s ms Wind Surf is an intimate 300-passenger ship with the following amenities:
- Wind Surf Lounge
- The Yacht Club
- Compass Rose Bar
- Pool Bar
- Terrace Bar
- Two salt-water pools
- Two hot tubs
- Wind Spa
- Fitness Center
- Signature Shops
- Photo Gallery
- Room Amenities
- LCD flat-screen television
- Hair dryer
- Vanity with magnifying mirrors
- Euro-top mattresses
- Luxury bedding
- Egyptian cotton towels
- Waffle weave robes & slippers
- Equipped with one standard U.S. 110 and European 220 volt outlet
- DVD/CD players
- Personal safe
- International direct dial phones
- Wireless internet (extra charge)
- Bose SoundDock speakers for use with iPod
- Cell phone service (extra charge)
- Private bathrooms with shower
- L’Occitane toiletries
- The Restaurant & Degrees
- This restaurant features a Mediterranean culinary journey of simple cooking and seasonal preparations.
- Le Marche
- Le Marche offers delicious seafood and fish options.
- This poolside café features grill options of fine steaks and skewers.
- The Veranda and Terrace
- Serves breakfast and lunch.
- The Compass Rose
- Offers continental breakfast and afternoon tea.
- Cabins are equipped with one standard U.S. 110 and European 220 volt outlet.
- Excursions may be booked up to 30 days in advance. Your booking number and detailed instructions on how to book shore excursions will be emailed to you.
- Gratuities are included in the cost of the cruise. Gratuities are provided for your cabin steward, dining room steward, bus person, maître d’ and other-behind-the-scenes crew members.
- Internet / e-mail / fax
- There is an Internet center on board; minute plans are available. Pricing will be posted on board. Guests may also bring their own laptops and purchase an Internet wireless plan on board.
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning service is available on board. Check on board for pricing.
- Medical services
- There is an onboard infirmary. Medical services entail an additional fee.
- Money: Paying for things on board
- On board, the currency is $USD. All purchases made on the ship will be charged to your onboard account, which you create when you first check in. Please check with the front office on board for further details.
- Each cabin has a phone. There is an additional fee to use this phone; cost is available on board.
- Smoking policy
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the staterooms or public spaces, including all restaurants and corridors. Smoking is permitted on the outside decks in designated smoking areas only.
- Solo travelers
- We will have a solos program on board, led by a solos coordinator who will ensure you have a great time.
- Spa services
- There is a spa on board. Massages and other services are available for an additional fee.
After Your Trip
Transfers to the airport
For those going directly to the airport, your transfer is included. The airport in Athens (ATH) is approximately 30 minutes away from the Port of Piraeus / Athens. Please allow enough time when booking your return flight.
Pre- and post-trip stretcher packages are available for purchase! To view vacation extenders, click here.
Didn’t find what you are looking for? Check out our Olivia travel FAQ. Or call us at 800.631.6277