About Our Destination
- During the time we’ll be visiting, the temperatures typically range from a low 70s to high 80s.
- The local currency is the US Dollar.
- Time Zone
- Hawaii is part of the Hawaii-Aleutian time zone. It is 3 hours earlier than the West Coast of the US and 6 hours earlier than the East Coast of the US.
Before Your Trip
- What’s Included and What’s Not
- What is included?
- Accommodations for 7 days/6 nights at the 5-star Mauna Lani Hotel & Bungalows
- All inclusive meals – including breakfast, lunch and dinner in one of the resorts two restaurants
- Soft beverages (coffee, tea, milk, juice, sodas during meals)
- Round trip airport transfers from the Kona (KOA) airport and luggage assistance
- Hawaiian floral lei & tropical beverage on arrival
- Complimentary wireless access
- Shuttle service throughout the resort
- Room amenities include private lanais, refrigerator, in room coffee maker with Kona coffee & tea, flat screen TV, bottled water replenished daily, daily newspaper, plush robes, hair dryers, secure safe, overnight shoe shine, daily maid service
- Sports activities including access to the fitness center, lap pool, snorkeling equipment, boogie boards, sand volleyball and bicycles to explore the resort; for an extra charge you can access the tennis courts, participate in golf clinics, or learn the art of stand-up paddle boarding, canoe paddling, surfing and kayaking.
- Cultural activities including historic tours of petroglyphs and fishponds, fish and turtle feeding tours, coconut frond weaving classes, ukulele and lei making classes, nightly torch lighting ceremonies, Hawaiian and hula performances and more
- Olivia’s signature programming, entertainment and staffing assistance throughout
- What’s not included?
- Airfare to and from Kona, travel insurance, optional excursions, parking, room service, alcoholic beverages, specialty coffee drinks, spa services, boutique purchases, medical attention, laundry services, other incidentals.
- Travel documentation and identification
- If you are not a US citizen, you will need a passport that is valid for six months past the date of the trip. Non-US citizens: please check with both your country’s consulate to make sure that you do not need an entry visa or other additional documentation.
- Travel insurance
- Travel insurance is available from Travel Guard. For information visit travelguard.com/olivia or call Travel Guard at 1-866-420-0125.
- Joining the Olivia.com trip group
- If you’d like to chat with people who are going on the trip, sign up for the official Olivia trip group, Olivia’s Hawaiian Luxury Resort on our connect page. You can also join Olivia’s Hawaiian Luxury Resort 2014 Official group page on Facebook.
Travel and arrival
- Air travel
- Where to fly into/out of
- You will need to fly into and out of Kona International Airport (KOA).
- Official check-in is after 3 pm on August 30, 2014. Included meals do not begin until the evening of August 30, 2014.
- Discount airfare offers
- We are proud to partner with American Airlines, Delta Airlines and Alaska Airlines.
- The AA discount code A2284AA applies to flights into and out of Kona, Hawaii (KOA). Dates of travel are August 27 – September 8, 2014. Airfare can be booked no earlier than 11 months before the trip. This reservation can be booked by calling (800) 433-1790 ($25 booking fee applies) or visiting AA.com/rainbow (no booking fee and please remove the preceding “A” when booking online).
- The Alaska Airlines discount code ECMB120 is good for 5% off and applies to flights into and out of Kona, HI (KOA). Dates of travel are August 27 – September 10, 2014. Airfare can be booked no earlier than 11 months before the trip. This reservation can be booked by calling (800) 445-4435 ($15 booking fee applies) or visiting alaskaair.com (no booking fee).
- The Delta Airlines discount code NMGKB is good for up to a 10% off and applies to flights into and out of Kona, Hawaii (KOA). Dates of travel are August 27 – September 8, 2014. Airfare can be booked no earlier than 11 months before the trip. This reservation can be booked by calling (800) 328-1111 ($25 booking fee applies), visiting delta.com/booking (no booking fee) or calling your travel agent (if applicable) and mentioning the discount codes. Not all fares are eligible for use with this discount code. Fare rules will determine eligibility.
- Olivia’s preferred travel agency
- We are happy to partner with Panorama Travel, which provides excellent service and competitive airfares. For a small fee, they can also assist you with using your frequent flyer miles for free tickets and upgrades. You can reach them at 800-523-0093 or 503-682-6800.
- Luggage allowances
- While there is no luggage limit at the resort, airlines often restrict (or charge) for excess baggage. Because each airline is different, and the regulations change over time, please check with your airline for baggage allowances.
- Parking at the Mauna Lani is $7 per day/per vehicle.
- Pre or post stays
- Extend your stay with our convenient pre or post night stays. Ask an Olivia Travel Consultant for rates. Pre or post nights include breakfast only.
- Transfers to the resort
- Your round trip transfers to and from Kona (KOA) airport are included on August 30, 2014 and on September 5, 2014. If you have purchased Olivia pre or post nights, your transfer will be included according to your flights. We will request your flight information approximately 90 days in advance of the trip to ensure you receive your transfer. Alternatively, you can visit your Olivia Travel Profile and enter your flight information at any time. The airport is approximately 23 miles or 30 minutes from the resort.
During your trip
- Enjoy all inclusive meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner – in one of the resorts two restaurants. Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Bay Terrace are open seating. Dinner in the CanoeHouse is reservation only.
- The oceanfront CanoeHouse restaurant offers breathtaking views of the crystal blue Pacific. CanoeHouse. Chef de Cuisine Allen Hess has developed a Hawaiian plantation style menu focusing on Island fresh sustainable ingredients. /dd>
- The Bay Terrace
- This open-air garden setting of the Bay Terrace offers buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The rooms have 110 volt electricity, the same as the U.S.
- A list of optional excursions will be available approximately 30 days prior to your trip. Optional excursions are an extra cost.
- Gratuities are included in the cost of the trip.
- Internet / e-mail / fax
- Wireless access is complimentary.
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- A laundry room is available for your use at an extra cost.
- Medical services
- Medical services are available for a fee.
- Resort Account
- Upon arrival, you will need to register a credit card for incidentals. Resort purchases can be charged directly to your room
- Each room has a phone. Calls made are an extra cost.
- Smoking policy
- All rooms including balconies and public indoor spaces are non-smoking. Smoking areas will be designated.
- Solo travelers
- Traveling solo? Be sure to attend the Solos Welcome on the first day. Here you will meet your Olivia Solos Coordinator who will share your solos program for the week. We plan dozens of activities for our solo travelers, including a special designated solos excursion. In addition, we organize a special solos dining area for all meals and reserve a section for the nightly shows.
- Spa services
- Enjoy the award-winning spa onsite complete with Lava Sauna, Outdoor Bath, Watsu Pool and a myriad of traditional Hawaiian treatments. Massages and other services are available for a fee.
After Your Trip
Check out time
Check-out is 11 am on September 5, 2014. Breakfast only is included on this day.
Transfers to the airport
Your transfer to the Kona (KOA) airport is included on September 5, 2014. If you purchased Olivia post nights, your transfer will be included according to your flight departure day and time. Departure information will be available at the resort.
Didn’t find what you are looking for? Check out our Olivia travel FAQ. Or call us at 800.631.6277