Sleigh bells ringing, beautiful lights glistening on pristine snow, mulled wine for your drinking, and holiday music and singing...these are a few of the favorite things you will experience on this beautiful winter wonderland river cruise. For the first time, we’re offering a vacation that showcases the delights of the winter season and Christmas markets in Germany and Prague. Each stop has its own Christmas market, and we’ll sail into port as the sun is setting and the markets are full of life. You’ll even get the chance to learn how to bake traditional German holiday treats, such as the linzer torte. As you’ll see, the historical treasures of Germany and magnificent Prague are perfectly paired with the sights, sounds, and tastes of the joyous holiday season on this unforgettable Olivia European river cruise.
- Frankfurt / Wiesbaden, Germany
- Miltenberg, Germany
- Würzburg, Germany
- Bamberg, Germany
- Nuremberg, Germany
- Prague, Czech Republic
For more information about your ship, Avalon's Artistry II, click here.
- Transfer from host hotel in Frankfurt to the ship on December 1, 2018
- Accommodations on ship for 5 nights in Comfort Collection beds with Egyptian super-combed cotton linens (December 1-6, 2018)
- Accommodations for 2 nights at Intercontinental Prague Hotel (December 6-8, 2018)
- Included sightseeing tours in Miltenberg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nuremburg, and Prague
- Visits to several different Christmas markets
- All meals as indicated while on board the ship
- Breakfast in Prague
- Wine, beer or soft drinks with included on board lunches and dinners, and complimentary sparkling wine with onboard breakfast
- Coffee, tea, and juices during all meals on board the ship
- Premium coffees, cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, and teas on board the ship
- Cookies and fresh fruit available throughout the day on board the ship
- Complimentary bottled water replenished in rooms daily on board the ship
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board the ship
- Complimentary Nordic walking sticks on board the ship
- Transfer from ship in Nuremberg to Prague on December 6, 2018
- Gratuities to ship’s staff and Avalon Cruise Director
- Gratuities to all Local Guides and bus drivers on all included tours and optional tours
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
For more information about what’s not included, and other things you should know before you go, please click here.
For room options, pricing and availability, please click here.
Many of the tours are walking tours on cobblestone streets, with the possibility of snow and icy conditions. There are staircases on the ship, along with an accessible lift to assist guests with mobility issues. The lift does not go to the top deck, where guests need to go to disembark the ship in some ports. Guests must be able to do short amounts of stairs and walk 1-2 miles/day on uneven surfaces without assistance. Motorized wheel chairs cannot be accommodated on board, and may be difficult to maneuver during guided tours on land in the winter. Olivia will provide a “Gentle Walkers” group on included tours whenever possible to accommodate those who need a little more time to get from place to place. If you are not able to get on a bus or walk without assistance, you are required to bring someone who can assist you.
We will be offering a 1-night pre-stretcher in Frankfurt (November 30-December 1, 2018), and a 1-night post stretcher in Prague, December 8-9, 2018. More information will be available 11 months prior to the trip.
Olivia is happy to offer payments plans and accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover: Payment Plan
READY TO BOOK?
Call 800-631-6277 or 415-962-5700 option 1 for more information or to secure your space now!