About Our Destination
- All ports of call accept $USD.
- Spanish and English are the official languages of Puerto Rico. However, English is widely used and spoken in all ports of call.
- Being Gay in the Caribbean
- The islands of the Caribbean are home to many gay- and lesbian-friendly countries. Puerto Rico has many gay-friendly resorts as well as a great nightlife scene, and it has the benefit of being protected by U.S. anti-discriminations laws. In addition, the U.S. Virgin Islands have become a mecca for gay and lesbian travelers and you will find the locals are very respectful throughout the islands.
- The climate in the Caribbean will range between 73°F-84°F (23°C-29°C) during the day and 66°F-75°F (19°C-24°C) at night. February is generally considered the dry season. At night it can get breezy, but mostly you’ll be fine in shorts and a t-shirt.
- Saturday, February 1 – Fort Lauderdale, Florida – depart 4 pm
- Sunday, February 2 – At Sea
- Monday, February 3 – Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands – 8 am to 3 pm
- Tuesday, February 4 – San Juan, Puerto Rico – 1 pm to 8 pm
- Wednesday, February 5 – St. Thomas/St. John, U.S.V.I. – 8 am to 5 pm
- Thursday, February 6 – At Sea
- Friday, February 7 – Half Moon Cay, Bahamas – 8 am to 3 pm
- Saturday, February 8 – Fort Lauderdale, Florida – arrive 7 am
Before Your Trip
- What’s Included and What’s Not
- What is included?
- Accommodations for 8 days/7 nights on board Holland America’s ms Westerdam
- All meals on board, including room service
- Coffee, tea, juices during all meals
- Gratuities to ship’s staff
- Olivia’s signature entertainment and programming
- Olivia staff assistance throughout
- What’s not included?
- Boutique, casino and spa services
- Soft drinks, bottled water, alcohol such as wine, beer and cocktails
- Internet access, phone, fax and other incidentals
- A wide menu of optional excursions, cabana rentals and specialty restaurants
- Ship’s photos, bingo and casino activities
- Fuel surcharge
- Medical attention
- Travel documentation and identification
- You will need a passport that is valid for six months past the date of the trip. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please check with your country’s consulate to make sure you do not need an entry visa or other additional documentation.
- If you are a U.S. Citizen, you DO NOT need to get a visa ahead of time. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please check with both your country’s consulate and the consulates of the countries we will be visiting to make sure you do not need an entry visa or other additional documentation.
- Though none are required, please check with your local Public Health Department or personal physician regarding immunization requirements. You may also check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website at: www.cdc.gov. Just click on “Traveler’s Health” followed by “Vaccinations.”
- Travel insurance
- Travel insurance is available from Travel Guard. For information visit travelguard.com/olivia or call Travel Guard at 1-866-420-0125.
- Joining the Olivia.com trip group
- If you’d like to chat with people who are going on the trip, sign up for the official Olivia trip group on our connect page. You can also join Olivia’s Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2014 Official group page on Facebook.
Travel and arrival
- Air travel
- Where to fly into/out of
- You will need to fly into and out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL) which is located approximately 10 – 15 minutes from the port terminal. We encourage all passengers to arrive a day early to avoid the stress of unexpected delays.
- Suggested arrival/departure times
- If you plan to arrive on embarkation day (February 1, 2014), we suggest you arrive in Fort Lauderdale no later than 12 pm. Return flights from Fort Lauderdale on the day of disembarkation (February 8, 2014) should be booked after 12 pm.
- We are proud to partner with American Airlines. The AA discount code A1314AA is good for 7% off and applies to flights into and out of Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL). Dates of travel are January 29 – February 11, 2014. Airfare can be booked no earlier than 11 months before the trip. This reservation can be booked by calling (800) 433-1790 ($25 booking fee applies) or visiting AA.com/rainbow (no booking fee, and please remove the preceding “A” when booking online).
- We are proud to partner with Delta Airlines. The Delta Airlines discount code NMGKB is good for 10% off and applies to flights into and out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dates of travel are January 29 - February 11, 2014. Airfare can be booked no earlier than 11 months before the trip. This reservation can be booked by calling (800) 328-1111 ($25 booking fee applies), visiting delta.com/booking (no booking fee) or calling your travel agent (if applicable) and mentioning the discount codes.
- Olivia’s preferred travel agency
- We are happy to partner with Panorama Travel, which provides excellent service and competitive airfares. For a small fee, they can also assist you with using your frequent flyer miles for free tickets and upgrades. You can reach them at 800-523-0093 or 503-682-6800.
- Luggage allowances
- While there is no luggage limit on the cruise itself, airlines often restrict (or charge) for excess baggage. Because each airline is different, and the regulations change over time, please check with your airline for baggage allowances.
- Transfers and Meeting up with Olivia
- Host Hotel
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port-SOLD OUT!
400 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, FL 33004
Two Queens Guest Room $204 USD/night
Rates do not include state and local taxes. Rates include complimentary continental breakfast (with eggs), high speed wireless internet, parking and transfer to port terminal on February 1st.
To book by phone, call toll free at (800) 321-2211 and use group code “OCP”.
To book online, CLICK HERE.
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
2301 Southeast 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 333164
Marina/Waterway $239 USD/night
Tropical Garden/Pool Oasis $239 USD/night
Tower Balcony $279 USD/night
Tower Junior Suite $319 USD/night
One Bedroom Suite $899 USD/night
Rates do not include state and local taxes. Rates include complimentary wireless internet in guestrooms and public areas.
- To book by phone, call toll free at (800) 233-1234, and use group code “Olivia Companies”.
- To book online, CLICK HERE.
- Getting to / from your ship
- You will be able to take a taxi from the airport to the port for approximately $15 dollars.
- Ship check-in begins at 11:30 am. Embarkation and check-in will be available until 3:30 pm and all aboard is at 4 pm. Please provide your identification and a credit card for onboard purchases.
During your trip
- Holland America’s ms Westerdam Ship Amenities
- The Holland America’s ms Westerdam is a luxurious 1900-passenger ship with the following amenities:
- Vista Lounge
- Queen’s Lounge & Culinary Arts Center
- Casino, bars, restaurants, cafés and more
- Pinnacle Grill & Bar (extra charge)
- Canaletto Restaurant (extra charge)
- Two swimming pools & jacuzzis
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon
- Fitness Center
- Signature Shops
- Photo Gallery
- Explorations Café & Internet center powered by The New York Times
- Room Amenities
- Television with DVD players
- 24-hour room service
- Salon-quality hair dryer
- Vanity with lighted magnifying mirrors
- 24-hour front desk
- Egyptian cotton towels
- Massage showerheads
- Deluxe bathrobes
- Individual thermostats
- Equipped with one standard U.S. 110 and European 220 volt outlet
- Personal safe
- Complimentary fresh fruit
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- International direct dial phones (extra charge)
- Wireless internet (extra charge)
- Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning (extra charge)
- Cell phone service (extra charge)
- Private bathrooms with massage showerheads
- Elemis Aromapure “Time to Spa” bath amenities
- Solos Seating
- We will have a special solos dining area for those traveling alone.
- Seating & Dining Times
- You will be assigned a dining time when you book your reservation which will either be first seating or second seating dinner. Restaurant hours will be listed in your daily program.
- Vista Dining Room
- The Vista Dining Room features five-course menus offering classic preparations, regionally-inspired cuisine and vegetarian options.
- The Pinnacle Grill
- The Pinnacle Grill offers delicious Sterling Silver Beef and fresh seafood options (extra charge).
- Canaletto Restaurant
- The Canaletto Restaurant serves dinner and features authentic regional Italian cuisine (extra charge).
- The Lido Restaurant
- The Lido Restaurant is a full-service buffet featuring cuisine from around the world.
- The Terrace Grill
- The Terrace Grill offers pizza, nachos, grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and gourmet sausages.
- Cabins are equipped with one standard U.S. 110 and European 220 volt outlet.
- Excursions may be booked up to 30 days in advance. Your booking number and detailed instructions on how to book shore excursions will be emailed to you.
- Gratuities are included in the cost of the cruise. Gratuities are provided for your cabin steward, dining room steward, bus person, maître d’ and other behind-the-scenes crew members.
- Internet / e-mail / fax
- There is an Internet center on board; minute plans are available. Pricing will be posted on board. Guests may also bring their own laptops and purchase an Internet wireless plan on board.
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning service is available on board. Check on board for pricing.
- Medical services
- There is an onboard infirmary. Medical services entail an additional fee.
- Money: Paying for things on board
- On board, the currency is $USD. All purchases made on the ship will be charged to your onboard account, which you create when you first check in. Please check with the front office on board for further details.
- Sisters at Sea & Friends
- Olivia’s Sisters at Sea & Friends program is dedicated to promoting and celebrating diversity on our trips. Meet your Sisters at Sea coordinators on board so that you can find out about the special events we have planned for you during the week. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun.
- Each cabin has a phone. There is an additional fee to use this phone; cost is available on board.
- Smoking policy
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the staterooms or public spaces, including all restaurants and corridors. Smoking is permitted on the outside decks in designated smoking areas only which include on the starboard (right) side of outside decks and on your verandah.
- Solo travelers
- Traveling solo? Look for the Olivia solos desk in the port terminal on embarkation day. Here you will meet Olivia’s Solos Coordinators who will have your Solos Week At-A-Glance program. We plan dozens of activities for our solo travelers, including special designated solos excursions. In addition, we organize a special solos dining area for all meals and reserve a section of the theater so you can enjoy the evening entertainment with other solo travelers.
- Spa services
- There is a spa on board. Massages and other services are available for an additional fee.
After Your Trip
Transfers to the airport
Return flights from Fort Lauderdale on the day of disembarkation (February 8, 2014) should be booked after 12 pm. For those going directly to the Fort Lauderdale airport, you can take a taxi from the port to the airport for approximately $15 USD. Taxis can be scarce after a cruise, so we recommend purchasing a transfer on board.
No pre- or post-trip packages will be offered for this trip. We will offer a host hotel option. Check back later for details!
Didn’t find what you are looking for? Check out our Olivia travel FAQ. Or call us at 800.631.6277