Dear all, for those asking me info about tours in Barcelona here are some tips and ideas of what the city has to offer to you:
Following is a list of the most typical tourist stuff that might help to have an accurate idea of what you want to do or what you want to see:
- FC Barcelona soccer stadium + museum
- Montjuic mountain and castell area (includes the Olympic Stadium, Palau Sant Jordi, Poble Espanyol, National Palace of Montjuic, Magic Fountain, National Art Museum of Catalonia, Tower of Communications, Caixa Forum, Palau Sant Jordi, Castle of Montjuic)
- Palau de la Musica Catalana (modernist building linked to Gaudi's time)
- Gaudi's buildings: Sagrada Familia, Güell Park, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera.
- Paseo de Gracia (shopping area. The Casa Batlló and Pedrera are located in Paseo de Gracia).
- Olympic Harbor
- Torre Agbar
- Flamenco shows
- Aquarium Barcelona
- Barcelona Zoo
- Gothic Quarter
- El Born neighborhood
- Las Ramblas
- Mercado de la Boquería
- La Barceloneta
- Museums: Museu Nacional D'Art de Catalunya, Fundació Joan Miró, Fundació Antoni Tápies, CCCB, MACBA and Museu Picasso). There's a pass that costs around 30 euros per person that allows you to enter to these 6 museums).
Here are some types of tours that you might find or ask tailored made for all the above stuff:
- architecture official tours guided by an architect.
- longboarding tours
- photographic walks
- sailing tours
- air tours (helicopter ones)
- bike tours
- gourmet tours (walking or using the gourmet bus)
- balloon flights (available in Province of Barcelona only not Barcelona city)
- self tours (using ipad, driving car, etc)
- shopping tours
There is the "bus turistic", this is a sightseeing bus with 3 routes available to discover the city. This is a hop on - hop off service with open top double-decker bus. Costs around 27 Euros per person. http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/en/home
Tickets to almost all buildings, transport, attractions or shows can be buyed in advanced. You are coming during the highest turistic season in Spain (July-August) so I advice you to buy or contract most of the services in advance.
Important: for those who would like to go shopping remember always to ask your tax refund forms when you buy good . The admin procedure is not so difficult and faster than in the airport (15 minutes) and you can get the refund in cash one day prior to leave Spain. If someone wants to know more about Global Blue and Premier Tax Free companies procedure I'll be glad to explain how exactly it works. http://www.barcelonashoppingline.com/en/metainformacion/otros/tax_free.html
This weekend I will be able to send some touristic brochures for those who already asked me for them.