This is something that a woman on GCN posted. I beleive this is another way that we can support GLBTQ on a spiritual level. Note: This woman is a STR8 woman which shows that there are some people who "GET" what equality standds for.
This coming Saturday, 8th November
will be the next GCN Worldwide Prayer date.
GCN, the Gay Christian Network is organizing a Worldwide Call to Prayer.
We are asking that everyone join us on Saturday November 8th to pray for the most pressing issues that face the GLBT community today. At 6:00 PM, we ask that you stop what you are doing to ask for God to intervene on their behalf.
We are asking that you pray for around 15 minutes (more if you wish) in a manner that you feel comfortable, whether it be silent or aloud. Pray for the GLBT community, pray for our countries, pray for our governments, pray that the new presidents and Prime ministers worldwide will move forward in bring equality to those who are GLBT, pray for people who are persecuted because they are gay, pray for people who are persecuted because they are Christian, pray for God to move on the hearts of people everywhere, that they look on the GLBT community with the eyes of Christ, and that they begin to see that Jesus loves His GLBT children and that He died for them too.
Please also pray for our members here :- for all those who are planning on coming out to their families in the near future
- for those who are struggling with their families not accepting their orientation or relationships
- for their families' hearts to be softened
- for our brothers and sisters who suffer from low self-esteem
- for those who have been having suicidal thoughts
- for those who struggle with physical and mental illnesses
- for our friends who live with HIV or AIDS
- for those who have family members who are sick and/or in hospital
- for those who have suffered abuse in the past (of any sort)
- for those who are still trying to figure out their orientation
- for those who are finding themselves trapped in unhappy marriages, or who deal with separating from their spouse
- for those who don't feel so close to God right now to feel His Love in a very powerful way
- for all to find connections and fellowship in their own local areasPlease also pray that we, as the GCN community, can look past our differences, and learn to respect one another more and to interact in a more friendly Loving Christian manner, and that we learn to embrace those differences. Pray that we all show Love thru our every word.
And pray for peace within our community, and for every person here.
Pray that after these recent elections, people do still remember that others are children of God and deserve their respect, and that God would not want us to fight or be unkind to one another.
Please also pray for all those here who are grieving the passing of our dear friend Thom T, as I know it affects some far more than they care to say (myself included). Please pray also for GCN as we keep spreading the word, as we keep growing, as we keep making a difference in this world, one step at a time. And if you are able to help GCN financially, if you feel God tugging at you, please follow that call and help us raise that money needed for the extra staff that we need.
You can pray at your church, you can pray with your family and/or partner, you can pray with a group of friends, you can pray on the phone with someone, you can pray in a chat room, you can pray on instant messenger, you can pray by yourself, but whatever you do...please join us in prayer !For all who live in the USA/Canada/South America, the GCN chat room will indeed be open for prayer from 6 PM to 10 PM EST.
You can find the chat room here
If you can, get together in the chat room for group prayers.
Please let others know, and if you go to an accepting church, please ask them to pray with us at 6 PM on the 2nd saturday of each month.
If your church prays with us, please do let us know, because the aim ultimately is to get as many churches as possible Worldwide to join in prayer on the 2nd saturday of each month, and to create a chain of prayers, starting in New Zealand, and coming west all accross the World.
This prayer time is at 6 PM in your time zone.
Set an alarm if you need to, but be sure you do not miss this Worldwide call to Prayer!
God Bless you all,