- How do I find information about a specific trip?
Each trip has a Travel Details page complete with a description, itinerary,
pricing, ship or resort accommodations, add ons, entertainment, and traveler
info. If you are looking for specific traveler information for a particular
destination, click the "Traveler Info" tab on the top right on the travel
details page. Use the following list to locate the trip you are interested
- How should I book?
Reservations can be made by calling Olivia or having your travel agent call Olivia directly. A non-refundable deposit of $250 per person for cruises and resorts is required at the time of booking*, excluding vacation stretchers which must be paid in full at the time of booking.
* unless otherwise noted
- What are my payment options?
- Payments may be made by auto debit, your new Olivia Credit Card (earn points towards free travel), Discover Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, check, or money order. Special offers valid, unless otherwise noted.
- Is there any advantage to booking early?
- Booking early provides you with a greater choice of accommodations on the cruises or at the resorts. Booking early also allows you to take advantage of our "Early Bird Specials."
- What happens when I book at the last minute?
- Bookings made less than 30 days prior to departure date are subject to a $25 surcharge for rush processing.
- What do the rates include?
All rates are per person, in U.S. dollars, and based on double adult occupancy, except Kids & Family. Cruise rates include cabin, all meals*, entertainment, and Olivia staff assistance. Rates do not include airfare, and the Non-discountable amount (NDA), which includes port taxes and gratuities, is not included in the advertised fare. This amount is not subject to any promotional discounts and is subject to change without notice. Optional shore excursions are also not included. Please check descriptions for other trip excursions.
*All on-board meals on cruises, all resort meals and most meals (as specified) on all other vacation offerings.
- What are the accommodations like?
- Accommodations vary depending upon the vacation you choose. Our trained consultants are happy to explain the differences and assist you in choosing the accommodations that will best meet your needs.
- What if I have special needs?
Whenever possible, Olivia tries to accommodate guests with special needs. However, the following conditions apply:
- Any physical disability or mental condition that requires special treatment or attention must be reported to Olivia when the reservation is made.
- Olivia has the right to refuse or revoke passage / participation to anyone who, in its judgment, is in a physical or mental condition that makes them unfit for travel or who may require care beyond that which Olivia can provide.
- Olivia reserves the right to deny participation in certain activities based on past or present conditions.
- All guests with disabilities must be self-sufficient and should travel with a guest who will provide any necessary assistance during the trip or in the event of an emergency.
- Guests who use a wheelchair must provide their own small, collapsible chair and may find certain areas inaccessible.
- What is it like to travel SOLO with Olivia?
- Great! What better and safer way to travel alone? Our Solos Coordinator organizes special activities such as dances, mixers and excursions. We also designate special tables at meals for solo travelers. Olivia will arrange a room-share based on social preferences like smoking and non-smoking. Ask our vacation consultants!
- What about smoking?
- There are areas designated for smoking. We provide an environment which makes it easy for smokers to be respectful of those who do not smoke and vice versa. There is no smoking in the main dining area or the main theater/lounge. Smoking is allowed in most individual cabins and on the starboard side of the ship.
- What about 12-step meetings?
- We provide a daily meeting for members of all 12-step programs.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
Yes! We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to protect against unforeseen emergencies. Travel insurance offers both travel protection and 24-hour emergency assistance services designed to give you peace of mind. Not only are the belongings you take with you on your trip covered, but you're also protected in case of a medical emergency (exclusions may apply, depending upon the policy you purchase) or trip cancellation. Typically, these services are not fully covered by your credit card company, homeowner's policy, and/or medical insurance.
Olivia recommends Travelex insurance as they offer a variety of travel protection products to meet all types of travel needs. Whether you're traveling in the United States or abroad, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have travel protection through Travelex. Just call 800.228.9792 or visit www.travelexinsurance.com for details. Refer to location number 05-0095
- What about sea sickness on cruises?
- Most of our guests never experience any motion sickness as our ships are equipped with state-of-the-art stabilizers. If you do feel sick or have any concern, we suggest motion sickness remedies such as Bonine or Dramamine.
- What if I change a name on the reservation?
- $75 per person is charged for a name change. One name can be changed one time. If the Primary Name on a reservation (which is the person financially responsible for the reservation) is to be changed, a transfer document must be filled out by both the Primary Name holder and the Person to whom the primary responsibility is being transferred. Requests must be made at least 30 days prior to departure.
- What about getting there?
- Olivia often provides discounted or charter airfare to our destinations. Our travel consultants are happy to share the most current discounts and recommendations with you. AMERICAN AIRLINES offers DISCOUNTS to Olivia travelers for many destinations when booking 60 days or more in advance of your vacation.
- Will I need a visa or passport to travel?
Very important! Please read the following information carefully regarding changes to passport requirements. These changes impact US Citizens and non-US Citizens.
Effective January 1, 2007, Olivia guests are required to carry a valid passport.* All passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond intended stay. While government initiatives are being considered, which would require all travelers to and from certain destinations in the Western Hemisphere to be in possession of a valid passport to enter or re-enter the United States, Olivia continues to require that all guests secure and carry a valid passport.
*Excludes Olivia land-based vacations in the US.
- When will I receive my tickets?
- We'll mail you a confirmation when you book. Your final documents are sent 3 - 4 weeks in advance of the trip. This will include required e-tickets, vouchers, information on packing, activities and travel information.
- Will I need vaccinations or inoculations?
- When travel is directly from North America, no vaccinations are currently required for any of our present offerings. For the most up-to-date health and vaccination information, visit the NATIONAL CENTER FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES TRAVELERS' HEALTH web site at http://www.cdc.gov/travel/.
- Are there special group rates?
- Group rates are available through Olivia or your travel agent.
- What are the terms of my trip?
- Terms and conditions are a required part of the contract between guests and Olivia. Travel documents will be mailed three to four weeks prior to departure. Failure to return your signed terms and conditions may result in cancellation of your trip. Olivia has the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime. Please note that itinerary, entertainers and special guests are subject to change. View the complete Terms and Conditions.
- Are there limits on Olivia's responsibility?
- IMPORTANT LIMIT ON OLIVIA RESPONSIBILITY. This limit applies to all Olivia vacations. The cruise lines, resorts, hotels / lodges, carriers, excursion providers and other suppliers providing tour services to The Olivia Companies, LLC, (Olivia are independent contractors and are not principals, agents, employees, partners or joint venturers of Olivia or its affiliates. The tour participant (traveler) agrees that neither Olivia nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death and property loss) or expense occasioned by any act. The tour participant (traveler) acknowledges and agrees that Olivia shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense whatsoever for any failure of performances, improper act or any omission to act.
- What if I cancel?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions form to see what cancellation fees apply to our trips.
Please note that Olivia vacations cannot be re-sold and are not transferable.
All vacation stretchers are non-refundable except as noted in the Olivia magalogue. Cruise lines' individual policies prohibit pregnant travelers beyond 24 weeks gestation. Olivia's cancellation policy will apply. Single guests who agree to share a stateroom with a companion pay the per person double occupancy rate. In the event that the companion cancels, the remaining guest has the option to pay the full double occupancy fare, or allow Olivia to arrange a room share. Please note that a cancellation is not effective until it is received in writing from all parties by submitting a Contact Us form, or at the Olivia office at:
434 Brannan Street
San Francisco, CA 94107